Hellraiser: The Toll (UK Signed Limited Edition)
- Author: Mark Alan Miller
- Artist: Daniele Serra (jacket) and Clive Barker (interiors)
- Pub. Date: 2018
- Status: Forthcoming
Hellraiser: The Toll
by Mark Alan Miller
Story by Clive Barker
Written by Mark Alan Miller
Publisher: SST Publications (UK)
Format: Signed & Numbered Limited Edition
Print run: Just 450 Signed Copies!
About the Book:
Hellraiser: The Toll tells the story of what happened between Clive Barker's iconic works The Hellbound Heart and its follow up, The Scarlet Gospels.
Thirty years after Kirsty Cotton escaped from the clutches of the Hell Priest, Pinhead, and lived to fight another day, her life has never been the same. Every few years she fashions a new name, a new identity, and a new home for herself; She is a woman who is running from her past at all costs, which is why it comes as such a surprise when she receives a mysterious letter in the mail, addressed to the woman she's been running from over half her life.
Answering the letter's query, she begins a descent down a rabbit hole to the ultimate confrontation. Her actions stir something unnamable in the ether, and throw her into a game where nothing—not even what she sees in front of her very eyes—can be trusted.
With equal parts economy and eloquence, author Mark Alan Miller brings to life the beginning of the end as The Toll expands the Hellraiser universe, and shows that before Harry D'Amour's adventures in The Scarlet Gospels, there was a first witness to Pinhead's infernal plan.
Signed & Numbered Limited Hardcover Edition:
* Limited to only 450 Signed & Numbered copies
* Specially designed illustrated signature page personally signed by author Mark Alan Miller
* Printed on 90gsm acid-free paper, with your archive and legacy in mind
* Bound in full-cloth with coloured head and tail bands
* Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine for the ultimate presentation
* Offset printed and bound with full-colour endpapers
* Sewn binding for increased durability
* Gorgeous dust jacket artwork by Daniele Serra
* Stunning interior illustrations by Clive Barker
* Extremely LIMITED ONE-TIME printing – Your Opportunity To Own One of Only 450 Copies!
“One of the most notorious characters in Barker's horror canon, the demonic Cenobite known as the Cold Man or Pinhead, returns in this collaborative novella that bridges his first appearance in The Hellbound Heart (1986) and his spectacular swan song in The Scarlet Gospels (2015). Barker and Miller (Clive Barker's Next Testament) suffuse the tale with vivid imagery that intensifies its atmosphere of dread... Fans who have followed Pinhead's exploits in fiction and the Hellraiser films will find this book a must, in part for Barker's artwork sprinkled throughout.”
— Publishers Weekly