The City of Mirrors (Signed Limited Edition)
- Author: Justin Cronin
- Artist: Tomislav Tikulin (cover) and Jill Bauman (interiors)
- Page Count: 656
- Pub. Date: Forthcoming in 2018
- ISBN: 978-1-58767-344-3
- Status: Out of Print
The City of Mirrors
by Justin Cronin
Important News for Collectors:
If you own a copy of our special edition of The Twelve and you want a matching number/letter for The City of Mirrors, please order through our online store ASAP and then REPLY to your Order Confirmation email and let Mindy know what number/letter your copy of The Twelve is. She will make a note on your order for The City of Mirrors and we will do our best to match your number.
About the Book:
The world we knew is gone. What world will rise in its place?
The Twelve have been destroyed and the terrifying hundred-year reign of darkness that descended upon the world has ended. The survivors are stepping outside their walls, determined to build society anew—and daring to dream of a hopeful future.
But far from them, in a dead metropolis, he waits: Zero. The First. Father of the Twelve. The anguish that shattered his human life haunts him, and the hatred spawned by his transformation burns bright. His fury will be quenched only when he destroys Amy—humanity's only hope, the Girl from Nowhere who grew up to rise against him.
One last time light and dark will clash, and at last Amy and her friends will know their fate.
Special Features Exclusive to this Collector's Edition:
• epic cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
• at least ONE DOZEN black & white interior illustrations by Jill Bauman
• deluxe oversized design with a fine binding
• Smyth sewn with a bound-in satin ribbon page marker
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of thousands of copies of the edition you'll see in bookstores — and you will NOT see our edition in chain bookstores!
Praise for The City of Mirrors:
—The New York Times Book Review
"The City of Mirrors is poetry. Thrilling in every way it has to be, but poetry just the same... The writing is sumptuous, the language lovely, even when the action itself is dark and violent."
— The Huffington Post
"This really is the big event you’ve been waiting for... A true last stand that builds and comes with a bloody, roaring payoff you won’t see coming, then builds again to the big face off you’ve been waiting for."
"A masterpiece... with The City of Mirrors, the third volume in The Passage trilogy, Justin Cronin puts paid to what may well be the finest post-apocalyptic epic in our dystopian-glutted times. A stunning achievement by virtually every measure."
— The National Post
"Justin Cronin’s Passage trilogy is remarkable for the unremitting drive of its narrative, for the breathtaking sweep of its imagined future, and for the clear lucidity of its language."
— Stephen King
"Superb... This conclusion to bestseller Cronin’s apocalyptic thriller trilogy ends with all of the heartbreak, joy, and unexpected twists of fate that events in The Passage and The Twelve foreordained."
— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"Readers who have been patiently awaiting the conclusion to Cronin’s sweeping postapocalyptic trilogy are richly rewarded with this epic, heart-wrenching novel... Not only does this title bring the series to a thrilling and satisfying conclusion, but it also exhibits Cronin’s moving exploration of love as both a destructive force and an elemental need, elevating this work among its dystopian peers."
— Library Journal (starred review)
Born and raised in New England, Justin Cronin is the author of Mary and O'Neil, which won the PEN/Hemingway Award and the Stephen Crane Prize, and The Summer Guest.
Other honors for his writing include a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts and a Whiting Writer's Award. A professor of English at Rice University, he lives with his family in Houston, Texas.
His first Cemetery Dance Publications deluxe Limited Editions were The Passage and The Twelve, both of which sold out within hours of being announced.
Published in two states:
• Deluxe Oversized Hardcover Limited Edition of 948 signed and hand-numbered copies bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker and featuring a full-color signature sheet ($85)
• Deluxe Traycased Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and hand-lettered copies bound in leather and Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker and a full-color signature sheet, housed in a deluxe traycase with a pullout ribbon ($500)
Visit our official production update page for the latest news and updates about this and our other forthcoming projects.