Chasing the Boogyeman, by Richard Chizmar HOT
- Author: Richard Chizmar
- Artist: Ben Baldwin
- Pub. Date: Autumn/Winter 2022
- ISBN: 978-1-78858-055-7
- Status: Pre-order
Chasing the Boogeyman, UK Signed & Numbered Limited
by Richard Chizmar
Publisher: Short, Scary Tales Publications
Retail Price: $50.00
About the Book:
The acclaimed New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling novel of small-town evil that “is genuinely chilling and something brand-new and exciting” (Stephen King) and “unforgettable” (Harlan Coben).
In the summer of 1988, the mutilated bodies of several missing girls begin to turn up in a small Maryland town. The grisly evidence leads police to the terrifying assumption that a serial killer is on the loose in the quiet suburb. But soon a rumor begins to spread that the evil stalking local teens is not entirely human. Law enforcement, as well as members of the FBI, are certain that the killer is a living, breathing madman—and he’s playing games with them. For a once peaceful community trapped in the depths of paranoia and suspicion, it feels like a nightmare that will never end.
Recent college graduate Richard Chizmar returns to his hometown just as a curfew is enacted and a neighborhood watch is formed. Amid preparing for his wedding and embarking on a writing career, he soon finds himself thrust into a real-life horror story. Inspired by the terrifying events, Richard writes a personal account of the serial killer’s reign of terror, unaware that these events will continue to haunt him for years to come.
A clever, terrifying, and heartrending work of metafiction, Chasing the Boogeyman is the ultimate marriage between horror fiction and true crime. Chizmar’s “dazzling work of fresh imagination and psychological insight” (Caroline Kepnes, New York Times bestselling author of You) is on full display in this truly unique novel that will haunt you long after you turn the final page.
Signed Limited Hardcover Edition:
* Limited to only 500 signed and hand-numbered copies
* Foreword by James Renner
* Introduction by Richard Chizmar
* Full-colour artwork frontispiece printed on silk art stock & tipped into the front of the book
* Specially designed full-colour illustrated signature page personally signed by Richard Chizmar and Ben Baldwin.
* Larger 6.14” x 9.21” trim size
* Printed on a heavier 100gsm acid-free paper
* Bound in premium cloth with coloured head and tail bands
* Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
* Offset printed and bound with full-colour endpapers
* Sewn binding for increased durability
* Gorgeous dust jacket artwork by Ben Baldwin