Where They Wait (Signed & Slipcased Deluxe Limited Edition)
- Author: Scott Carson
- Artist: François Vaillancourt
- Pub. Date: October 2023
- Status: Shipping Soon!
Where They Wait: Signed & Slipcased Limited Edition
by Scott Carson
A New Special Edition from Lividian Publications!
Lividian Publications is proud to be publishing a deluxe signed, numbered, and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of Where They Wait by Scott Carson. This special edition has been lavishly crafted with collectors and readers alike in mind. François Vaillancourt provided stunning color artwork for the dust jacket and frontispiece, plus thirteen black and white illustrations for the interior, making this special edition a true work of art.
Retail Price: $125
Publication Date: December 2023
Page Count: 440 pages
• Full-color wrap-around dust jacket artwork by François Vaillancourt
• Full-color frontispiece by François Vaillancourt
• Thirteen interior black and white illustrations by François Vaillancourt
Deluxe Production Features:
• Offset printed on an acid-free archival quality paper stock
• A fine cloth binding
• Hot foil stamping on the front cover and spine
• Smyth-sewn to create a more durable binding
• Twine head and tail bands
• High-quality endpapers
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Custom-made slipcase stamped with hot foil and featuring a unique die-cut window
• Signed by Scott Carson and François Vaillancourt
• Limited to 750 signed and numbered copies
About the Book:
Recently laid-off from his newspaper and desperate for work, war correspondent Nick Bishop takes a humbling job: writing a profile of a new mindfulness app called Clarity. It’s easy money, and a chance to return to his hometown for the first time in years. The app itself seems like a retread of old ideas—relaxing white noise and guided meditations. But then there are the “Sleep Songs.” A woman’s hauntingly beautiful voice sings a ballad that is anything but soothing—it’s disturbing, and more of a warning than a relaxation—but it works. Deep, refreshing sleep follows.
So do the nightmares. Vivid and chilling, they feature a dead woman who calls Nick by name and whispers guidance—or are they threats? And her voice follows him long after the song is done. As the effects of the nightmares begin to permeate his waking life, Nick makes a terrifying discovery: no one involved with Clarity has any interest in his article. Their interest is in him.
About the Author:
Scott Carson is the pen name for a New York Times bestselling author and screenwriter. He lives in New England.