- Author: Brian Hodge
- Artist: Vincent Chong
- Page Count: 440
- Pub. Date: July 5, 2015
- ISBN: 978-1-58767-318-4
- Status: Out of Print
by Brian Hodge
Featuring full-color wrap-around cover artwork by Vincent Chong
About the Book:
It arrives without warning: a devastating plague, the medieval Black Death weaponized for the age of global terrorism.
Like a biblical pestilence, this plague sweeps through modern civilization almost overnight, destroying good and evil alike, leaving only a handful of survivors to make their way through an empty landscape and face the unknown horrors awaiting them in a savage new world.
In a deserted St. Louis department store, a few survivors band together to begin again. But beyond their temporary haven, an evil is stirring. An evil that preys upon human weakness for its own twisted ends.
Soon, all that stands between the reborn world and a reign of insanity is this unlikely fortress of humanity, armed with what can be found on a department store shelf and what courage they can muster to battle a monstrous, merciless scourge...
Special Features Exclusive to this Collector's Edition:
• epic cover artwork by Vincent Chong
• deluxe oversized design with a 7 X 10 trim size
• extremely collectible print run
• four color illustrated signature sheets
Brian Hodge is the author of ten novels featuring many diverse flavors of horror and crime. A repeat offender in various year's-best anthologies, he's also written close to 100 short stories and novellas, many of which have been sutured together into three earlier collections. His works have been translated into several languages, including French, German, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish, and Japanese.
He lives with his soulmate snug against the mountains of Colorado, where he sighs and shakes his head at an ever-expanding list of must-do's, including photography, music and soundscaping, slinging iron, and Krav Maga training.
He is currently engaged in a protracted locked-cage death match with novel #11. Only one of them will emerge victorious.
"Never predictable, never boring, and not at all easy to put down . A fresh style that makes for a very enjoyable and often surprising reading."
— New Blood
"A very talented writer. His scenes blaze with energy and life, and his characters are very real."
— Robert R. McCammon, author of Swan Song and Speaks the Nightbird
Published in two states:
• Hardcover Limited Edition of 750 copies signed by the author, bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn ($50)
• Deluxe Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and hand-lettered copies bound in leather, Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker, raised hubs on the spine, custom gilded page edges dipped by hand, a full-color signature sheet, and featuring unique full color illustrated endpapers not appearing in any other edition ($200)