Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished
- Author: Rocky Wood with David Rawsthorne & Norma Blackburn
- Artist: Alan M. Clark
- Page Count: 467
- Pub. Date: March 2006
- ISBN: 1-58767-130-1
- Status: Out of Print
Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished
by Rocky Wood with David Rawsthorne & Norma Blackburn
About the Book:
Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished is the most comprehensive review of the Stephen King works you've never read, including coverage of nearly one hundred unpublished and uncollected works of fiction--novels, short stories, screenplays, and poems!
Best of all, it features the first book publication of two lost works written by King, including an entire chapter from King's unpublished 1970 novel Sword in the Darkness that has never been published anywhere in the world!
Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished also gives in-depth coverage to the nearly one hundred variations and versions of King's published stories--edits, updates, and changes King made between reprintings of his work. Similar in size and scope to our edition of The Stephen King Universe, this is a must-have for both collectors and casual readers of Stephen King!
Details about the two works written by Stephen
King that are printed in this book!
• The first and only publication of a very long chapter from King's unpublished 1970 novel Sword in the Darkness--one of the lost Stephen King novels that only a handful of people in the world have ever read! This novel will never be published, and this is your only chance to catch a glimpse of a young Stephen King developing his craft. The raw power that would eventually make him the bestselling horror author in the world is definitely evident in this very long excerpt!
• The first book publication of the obscure King poem "Dino"--previously only published in a small literary magazine and just recently discovered at the E.S. Bird Library of Syracuse University in New York!
In addition, the authors have discovered and taken detailed notes about a work previously unknown by the King community -- "Molly," which was King's original screenplay submitted for The X-Files. It is a completely different story from what was later produced for the series as "Chinga" and the authors give in-depth coverage to the differences!
Here are some other examples of what you'll find in Stephen
King: Uncollected, Unpublished:
• Over one hundred entries detailing all of King's uncollected and unpublished works, many of which have never been available for public discussion
• In-depth descriptions and discussions of several unpublished King novels such as Blaze and incomplete novels such as George D X McArdle
• Detailed overviews of dozens of King screenplays that were never produced, including his own adaptations of Cujo, Children of the Corn, The Dead Zone, Desperation, Dolan's Cadillac, Night Shift, The Stand, and his adaptations of other classic novels such as Something Wicked This Way Comes
• Essays covering two dozen of King's lost and hidden works that are not available anywhere in the world, such as "An Evening at God's" and the infamous "Squad D"
• Details of eight new and previously unheard of King stories discovered in the Stephen King papers at the University of Maine
• Details of two King stories published in his high school newspaper and other stories King wrote as a child and teenager
• A complete Stephen King bibliography covering nearly four hundred works of fiction and non-fiction
• Instructions on finding the original appearances of King's lost works that
appeared in obscure publications, and suggestions on how you can add these rare
works to your collection
This book will have an oversized design like The Stephen King Universe, The Devil's Wine, and our edition of From A Buick 8 — including a full-color dust jacket, illustrated endpapers, and special interior artwork! Each copy will be signed by Rocky Wood, David Rawsthorne and Norma Blackburn, and best of all, each copy will be issued with a hand-crafted slipcase!
The deluxe Lettered Edition will be bound in leather, with all the same goodies as the Limited Edition, but it will be protected inside a custom-made hand-crafted traycase! (Please keep in mind that the Lettered Edition of The Devil's Wine and Great Ghost Stories sold out in less than twenty-four hours — if you want one, order it ASAP.)
Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished is going to be a must-have for every Stephen King collector, and we expect it to sell very quickly!
Published in two states:
• Slipcased Limited Edition of 2,000 signed and numbered copies bound in full cloth and Smyth sewn ($75)
• Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 signed and lettered copies bound in leather and Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker ($500)