The Night Marchers (and Other Strange Tales) (eBook)
- Author: Daniel Braum
- Page Count: 200 pages (estimated)
- Pub. Date: May 5, 2016
- Status: E-Book
The Night Marchers (and Other Strange Tales)
by Daniel Braum
About the eBook:
Like a vinyl record from days gone by, author Daniel Braum spins a unique blend of speculative fiction that effortlessly blends fantasy, science fiction, horror, and mysticism. Braum's multi-dimensional characters are drawn into dark worlds and investigate the unexplainable at the edges of civilization.
In The Night Marchers, the debut collection from Daniel Braum, readers will encounter:
A song that might herald the end of the world.
* A young girl possessed by a hurricane.
* A Native American Death Metal singer who might be the reincarnation of Crazy Horse.
* A cat and mouse chase with demons through the jungles of Central America.
* A has-been rock star haunted by the pet fish of his failed relationship.
* An erotically charged night in the desert that might end with redemption, or entwined in the thorns of a cactus monster.
* A beautiful alabaster Sphinx lumbering not towards Bethlehem but the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn…
Appearing for the first time here is the title story "The Night Marchers," and "The Sphinx of Cropsey Avenue," alongside three classic stories from the pages of Cemetery Dance magazine and many more!
Praise and Reviews:
"Daniel Braum is a master at capturing the feel of a place and a time. From the jungles of South America to the mean streets of New York's suburbs his stories wind through territories that feel at once familiar and strange, exotic and dangerous or maybe just dangerously personal."
— David Wellington, Author of Monster Island and Positive
"Tales of music, magic, tortured spirits, desperation, and even hope await you in The Night Marchers. Braum presents our world through a lens that reveals the wonderful and the horrifying with masterful, elegant prose. The Night Marchers is a stunning debut from a writer who's been adding to the field of darkly weird literature for years, but whose name is only now beginning to emerge, and it's about time!"
— Lee Thomas, Lambda Literary Award- and Bram Stoker Award-winning author of The German and Butcher's Road
About the Author:
Daniel Braum is a graduate of the Clarion and Clarion South writing workshops. He is the host of the Night Time Logic reading series. His chapbook Yeti. Tiger. Dragon is coming from Dim Shores Press in 2016.
At the time of this writing Braum is at work on new short stories, novellas, and novels.