A Knight of the Word
- Author: Terry Brooks
- Artist: Tomislav Tikulin
- Page Count: 272 pages
- Pub. Date: 2019
- ISBN: 978-1-58767-365-8
- Status: Forthcoming: At the Printer Now!
A Knight of the Word
by Terry Brooks
About the Book:
In the eleventh century the Welsh hero Owain Glyndwr was chosen to combat the demonic evil of the Void and disappeared from history to fulfill that mission. Armed with powerful magic, Glyndwr became a Knight of the Word—a draining and demanding legacy passed on eight centuries later to John Ross, a professor of English literature on tour in Wales.
In accepting the black runestaff that channeled the magic of the Word, John Ross accepted a solemn trust—and an awful burden. Each night he dreams of hellish futures wrought upon the world by the Void. And each dream is of a future that will come to pass unless Ross prevents it in the present. Crippled in body and soul by the searing magic he wields and the horrors he dreams, sustained only by his faith in the goodness of the Word, Ross drifts across America, a modern-day knight errant in search of the agents of the Void.
Then an unspeakable act of violence shatters his weary beliefs. Haunted by guilt, John Ross turns his back on the Word. With the help of beautiful Stefanie Winslow, Ross slowly builds a new life—a life whose only magic lies in Stefanie's healing love.
But a fallen Knight makes a tempting prize for the Void, and merciless demons soon stalk Ross and all close to him. His only hope is young Nest Freemark, who wields a powerful magic all her own. Five years earlier, Ross had aided Nest when the future of humanity rested upon the choice she would make between Word and Void. Now Nest must return the favor. She must restore Ross's faith, or his life—and her own—will be forfeit...
Special Features Exclusive to this Deluxe Collector's Edition:
• deluxe oversized design different from any other edition
• a full-color signature sheet personally signed by the author
• fine binding for both the Limited Edition and the Lettered Edition
• epic cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of thousands of copies of the edition you'll see in bookstores — and you will NOT see our edition in chain bookstores!
Published in two states:
• Deluxe Oversized Hardcover Limited Edition of 698 signed and hand-numbered copies bound in full-cloth, Smyth sewn, and featuring a full-color signature sheet ($50)
• Deluxe Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and hand-lettered copies bound in leather, Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker, raised hubs on the spine, custom gilded page edges dipped by hand, a full-color signature sheet, and featuring unique full color illustrated endpapers not appearing in any other edition ($200)
Terry Brooks has thrilled readers for decades with his powers of imagination and storytelling. He is the author of more than thirty books, most of which have been New York Times bestsellers. He lives with his wife, Judine, in the Pacific Northwest.
Visit our official production update page for the latest news and updates about this and our other forthcoming projects.