- Author: Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
- Artist: Tomislav Tikulin
- Page Count: 400
- Pub. Date: July 29, 2014
- ISBN: 978-1-58767-299-6
- Status: Out of Print
by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
About the Book:
A top nuclear scientist goes mad and takes an innocent family hostage at gunpoint, killing one and causing a massive standoff.
A plume of radiation above New York City leads to a warehouse where, it seems, a powerful nuclear bomb was assembled just hours before.
Sifting through the evidence, authorities determine that the unthinkable is about to happen: in ten days, a major American city will be vaporized by a terrorist attack.
And Gideon Crew, tracking the mysterious terrorist cell from the suburbs of New York to the mountains of New Mexico, learns the end may be something worse—far worse—than mere Armageddon.
Special Features Exclusive to this Deluxe Collector's Edition:
• deluxe oversized design different from any other edition
• a full-color signature sheet personally signed by both of the authors
• fine binding for both the Limited Edition and the Lettered Edition
• epic cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of thousands of copies of the edition you'll see in bookstores — and you will NOT see our edition in chain bookstores!
Praise for the Gideon Crew series:
"A rollicking tour-de-force. The eponymous Gideon Crew would be equally comfortable smack in a Ludlum tempest or striding onto the set of the Ocean's Eleven franchise. Preston and Child have crafted an electrifying, riveting thriller on which I could continue to heap praise, but instead I will just offer this: Read the book! And we can all look forward to the next appearance of Mr. Gideon Crew in the not-so-distant future."
— David Baldacci
"Fast-paced and action-packed, Gideon's Sword is a clever, high velocity read."
— Kathy Reichs
"When you read Preston and Child you know you're in for a thrill ride and that's exactly what Gideon's Sword delivers. They are the antidote for boredom. Hold on tight and let her rip; this ride is worth every penny."
— Ted Dekker
Preston and Child are the coauthors of several bestselling novels featuring FBI Agent Pendergast including most recently Brimstone, Dance of Death, The Book of the Dead, The Wheel of Darkness, Cemetery Dance, and Fever Dream.
Douglas Preston's most recent nonfiction work, The Monster of Florence, was a New York Times bestseller and is currently in development with Tom Cruise's production company.
Lincoln Child's most recent solo novel, Terminal Freeze, featuring 'enigmalogist' Jeremy Logan, was a New York Times bestseller in hardcover.
Published in two states:
• Deluxe Oversized Hardcover Limited Edition of 698 signed and hand-numbered copies bound in full-cloth, Smyth sewn, and featuring a full-color signature sheet ($65)
• Deluxe Traycased Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and hand-lettered copies bound in leather and Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker and a full-color signature sheet, housed in a deluxe traycase with a pullout ribbon ($250)
Visit our official production update page for the latest news and updates about this and our other forthcoming projects.
Sneak Peek at the Full Cover Artwork: