- Editor: Richard Chizmar
- Page Count: 321
- Pub. Date: December 31, 2010
- ISBN: 1-881475-46-8
- Status: Out of Print
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
edited by Richard Chizmar
cover artwork by Gail Cross
interior art by Michael Apice, Jill Bauman, Glenn Chadbourne, Alan M. Clark, Stacy Drum, Keith Minnion, Mark Nelson, Phil Parks, Eric Powell, Erik Wilson, Gahan Wilson, Vince Natale
About the Book:
Legacies is a landmark deluxe signed Limited Edition featuring ten classic reprints from the legends of dark fantasy and terror: Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, David Morrell, Peter Straub, Robert Bloch, William F. Nolan, and George Clayton Johnson. A once-in-a-lifetime event, Legacies is a must-have for any collector of great horror fiction!
About this Special Edition:
This incredible collectible volume features a total of 29 tip-ins and was bound using a deluxe "oversewing" technique to provide better durability. There are eighteen pieces of full-color and black & white artwork printed on glossy archival paper and hand-tipped into the book, along with eleven different signature sheets (signed by all of the authors and the interior artists with the exception of Ray Bradbury and Robert Bloch), and a satin ribbon page marker sewn into the book itself.
Both editions are housed in hand-made custom deluxe traycases to protect your book. These traycases feature a pullout ribbon and magnetic clasps on the fold-over flap.
See the photo gallery for numerous photos of this special edition.
Table of Contents:
• "One for the Road" by Stephen King
• "Black River" by Dean Koontz
• "Age of Desire" by Clive Barker
• "Final Rites" by Ray Bradbury
• "Mute" by Richard Matheson
• "The Dripping" by David Morrell
• "Mr. Clubb and Mr. Cuff" by Peter Straub
• "Skeleton in My Closet" by Robert Bloch
• "Broxa" by William F. Nolan
• "The Man with the Hoe" by George Clayton Johnson
Richard Chizmar is the founder and publisher/editor of Cemetery Dance magazine and the Cemetery Dance Publications book imprint. He has edited more than a dozen anthologies, including The Best of Cemetery Dance, The Earth Strikes Back, Night Visions 10, October Dreams (with Robert Morrish), and the Shivers series. Together Chizmar and Johnathon Schaech founded production company Chesapeake Films, and they've written screenplays and teleplays for United Artists, Showtime, Sony Screen Gems, Lions Gate, NBC, and many other companies. Their first projects include adaptations of Stephen King's From a Buick 8, Douglas Clegg's The Hour Before Dark, Stephen King's and Peter Straub's Black House, Ed Gorman's The Poker Club, as well as episodes of Showtime's Masters of Horror and NBC's Fear Itself.
Published in two states:
• Traycased Deluxe Hardcover Limited Edition of 500 signed and numbered copies bound using a deluxe "oversewing" technique to provide better durability for all of the tip-ins, with a satin ribbon page marker, and housed in a custom-made traycase ($200)
• Traycased Deluxe Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and lettered copies bound in leather using a deluxe "oversewing" technique, with a satin ribbon page marker and an exclusive color frontispiece, and housed in a custom-made traycase ($450)