The Straw Men: The Special Limited Edition!
- Author: Michael Marshall
- Artist: Michael Marshall
- Page Count: 354
- Pub. Date: August 20, 2015
- ISBN: 978-1-58767-491-4
- Status: Out of Print
"The Straw Men is brilliantly written and scary as hell. Be the first on your block to stay up all night with this one; it's a masterpiece."
— Stephen King
The Straw Men: The Deluxe Special Edition!
by Michael Marshall
About the Book:
In Montana, a man attends the funeral of his parents, ostensibly killed in a car crash.
In Los Angeles, a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by a man assumed dead.
These events are linked by the fact that in both there is something missing. As there is in so much of the world, for so much of the time.
What's missing is a secret, something which strikes at the heart of what it is to be human. What it is that makes us this way...
This Cemetery Dance Publications exclusive special Limited Edition includes a long introduction by the author, scans of the author's writing notebooks, and much more!
Special Features Exclusive to this Special Collector's Edition:
• deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches)
• high-quality endpapers and fine bindings for both editions
• bonus features including a long introduction by the author and scans of the author's writing notebooks
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores — and you will NOT find our edition in chain bookstores!
Marshall's debut thriller, which is essentially two seemingly independent stories that meet in the middle, takes its time hooking readers. But once the complex and disparate plot lines meld, this expansive work demands the readers attention.
— Publishers Weekly
Just when you think there's nothing new under the sun in the world of the suspense novel, along comes one hell of a nasty spider called The Straw Men. It's brilliantly written and scary as hell. Be the first on your block to stay up all night with this one; it's a masterpiece, reminding us that even paranoids really do have enemies.
— Stephen King
A staggering, suspenseful journey through the darkness of American crime... succeeds in revitalising the serial killer novel with assured gusto... A new beginning for a major British writer, whose crime debut instantly moves him into the Thomas Harris division.
— The Guardian
Brilliantly plotted, stunningly written... I read this in one go... if this isn't a hit, I'm a monkey's uncle. And I don't think I am.
— Independant on Sunday
A absorbing mystery with a chilling denouement
— Sunday Telegraph
The Straw Men is a genuinely original thriller that combines the imagination and darkness of his previous work with bolts of nerve-screaming tension... Think The X-Files meets Hannibal.
— Time Out
Michael Marshall has published six internationally-bestselling thrillers including New York Times bestselling Straw Men trilogy, The Intruders, and Killer Move. His most recent novel, We Are Here, was published in 2013. The Intruders was televised by BBC America as an eight-part television series in 2014 — developed by Glen Morgan and starring John Simm, Mira Sorvino, and James Frain.
Writing as Michael Marshall Smith, he has also written nearly a hundred short stories, and three novels — Only Forward, Spares, and One of Us — winning the Philip K. Dick, International Horror Guild, and August Derleth awards along with the Prix Bob Morane in France. He has been awarded the British Fantasy Award for Best Short Fiction four times, more than any other author.
He is currently involved in movie adaptations of two of his novels, and editing his new novel. He lives in Santa Cruz, California, with his wife and son.
Published in two states:
• Hardcover Limited Edition of 774 signed and hand-numbered copies bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn with a full-color dust jacket ($50)
• Deluxe Hardcover Lettered Edition of 26 signed and hand-lettered copies bound in leather, Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker, raised hubs on the spine, custom gilded page edges dipped by hand, and featuring unique full color illustrated endpapers not appearing in any other edition ($200)
Visit our official production update page for the latest news and updates about this project.