- Author: Justin Cronin
- Artist: Tomislav Tikulin (cover) and Jill Bauman (interiors)
- Page Count: 525
- Pub. Date: June 10, 2014
- ISBN: 978-1-58767-337-5
- Status: Out of Print
- FULL COVER ART
by Justin Cronin
About the Book:
In his internationally bestselling and critically acclaimed novel The Passage, Justin Cronin constructed an unforgettable world transformed by a government experiment gone horribly wrong.
With The Twelve, the story continues...
In the present day:
As a man-made apocalypse unfolds, three strangers navigate the chaos, desperate to find others, to survive, to witness the dawn on the other side of disaster.
Lila, a doctor and an expectant mother, has been so broken by the spread of violence and infection that she continues to plan for her child's arrival even as society dissolves around her.
Kittridge, known to the world as "Last Stand in Denver," has been forced by loss of electrical power to flee his stronghold and is now on the road, dodging the infected, armed but alone and well aware that a tank of gas will get him only so far.
April is a teenager fighting to guide her little brother safely through a minefield of death and ruin.
These three will learn that they have not been fully abandoned—and that in connection lies hope, even on the darkest of nights.
One hundred years in the future:
Amy, Peter, Alicia, and the others introduced in The Passage work with a cast of new characters to hunt the original twelve virals... unaware that the rules of the game have changed, and that one of them will have to sacrifice everything to bring the Twelve down.
The scope widens and the intensity deepens as the epic tale of sacrifice and survival begun in The Passage surges forward in this breathtaking sequel.
Special Features Exclusive to this Collector's Edition:
• epic cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
• at least ONE DOZEN black & white interior illustrations by Jill Bauman
• deluxe oversized design with a fine binding
• Smyth sewn with a bound-in satin ribbon page marker
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of thousands of copies of the edition you'll see in bookstores — and you will NOT see our edition in chain bookstores!
Praise for The Passage:
" The monsters in this compulsive nail biter are the scariest in fiction since Stephen King's vampires in 'Salem's Lot...This exceptional thriller should be one of the most popular novels this year and will draw in readers everywhere."
— Library Journal, starred review
" Fans of vampire fiction who are bored by the endless hordes of sensitive, misunderstood Byronesque bloodsuckers will revel in Cronin's engrossingly horrific account of a post-apocalyptic America...[Cronin] manages to engage the reader with a sweeping epic style."
— Publishers Weekly, starred review
"One that doesn't appear here is Justin Cronin's forthcoming novel, The Passage. This epic vampire novel won't be out until summer 2010, but you'll want to mark your calendar. Take it from Uncle Stevie, this is your basic don't-miss reading experience."
— Stephen King
Born and raised in New England, Justin Cronin is the author of Mary and O'Neil, which won the PEN/Hemingway Award and the Stephen Crane Prize, and The Summer Guest.
Other honors for his writing include a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts and a Whiting Writer's Award. A professor of English at Rice University, he lives with his family in Houston, Texas.
His first Cemetery Dance Publications deluxe Limited Edition was The Passage, which sold out within four hours of being announced.
Published in two states:
• Deluxe Oversized Hardcover Limited Edition of 948 signed and hand-numbered copies bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker and featuring a full-color signature sheet ($75)
• Deluxe Traycased Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and hand-lettered copies bound in leather and Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker and a full-color signature sheet, housed in a deluxe traycase with a pullout ribbon ($500)