Things I Didn't Know My Father Knew
- Author: Peter Crowther
- Artist: Tomislav Tikulin
- Page Count: 506
- Pub. Date: October 2021
- Status: Out of Print
Things I Didn’t Know My Father Knew: The Best Short Stories of Peter Crowther
by Peter Crowther
About the Book:
The newest collection by acclaimed British horror master Peter Crowther, these stories are the very best of his incredible short works of horror and suspense:
- Things I Didn't Know My Father Knew: An unusual visitor rolls into town one day under cover of a thick fog . . . just to touch base with someone he maybe once knew.
- All We Know of Heaven: A small boy finds the answer to his and his father's dilemma in the legend of King Arthur and his mystical sword, Excalibur.
- Tomorrow Eyes: A Runyonesque gambler discovers the strangest set of dice you ever saw being rolled on a cloth.
- Some Burial Place, Vast and Dry: The lonely survivor of a long-ago space mission receives a visit from a hauntingly familiar UFO.
- The Musician of Bremen, GA: Cal Williston, who can play the best version of 'Moonlight In Vermont' since Chet Baker teamed up with Gerry Mulligan.
- Boxing Day: A small-town crook about to fall under the spell of London rediscovers his wife.
- Keepsakes: PI. Koko Tate pays his mom a visit on Mother’s Day.
- Too Short A Death: A modern-day poet meets the long-deceased Weldon Kees's greatest literary creation.
- Eater: The cops at an off-the-beaten-track late-night precinct house have got more than they bargained for in one of the cells.
- Sitting Pretty: An armchair fashioned out of the wood from the original cross provides a comfort of sorts down the ages.
- Dark Times: Two old men tamper with the dark arts and open a gateway that threatens the destructions of the world.
- Jewels in the Dust: A couple jaded with their life together are visited by their collective histories.
- And, in Songs of Leaving, the imminent impact of a county-sized piece of space debris brings to the remnants of humanity a multitude of old friends to witness the fall of mankind.
Published as a trade hardcover:
• Printed on acid-free paper
• Retail price just $40
Published as a Signed & Slipcased Hardcover Limited Edition:
• Limited to just 500 signed and numbered copies
• Personally signed by the author on a unique signature page
• Printed on 60# acid-free paper
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Wrapped in a full-color dust jacket
• Retail price just $80!