Husks (Signed Limited Edition)
- Author: Glen Krisch
- Artist: Glenn Chadbourne
- Pub. Date: Forthcoming in 2020 For CDCC 10 Members Only!
- Status: Out of Print
- PRAISE & REVIEWS
This signed Limited Edition hardcover is only available as part of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 10!
by Glen Krisch
About the Book:
As he chased after the fleeting echo of his dead wife’s laughter, some part of him drained away, leaving a dried husk in its place...
Hank Moreland has been wandering for days, an aimless drifter running out of food and water, running out of reasons to live. The only thing that keeps him going is a promise he made long ago to his wife before she died: he would carry on, despite her absence.
With his last remaining energy, Hank stumbles onto an isolated farmhouse where he meets a kindly old man and a younger woman. Ollie and Margo welcome him and begin to nurse him back to health.
Margo's healing attentions include a soft humming that seems to inspire vivid dreams of his long-dead wife. At night, those visions make Hank happier than he's been in a long time. But what effect will the dreams have on his waking hours...?
Published as a Hardcover Limited Edition:
• Limited to just the number of collectors who join the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club #10
• Personally signed by the author on a unique signature page
• Printed on 60# acid-free paper
• Bound in full-cloth with colored head and tail bands
• Featuring hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Printed and bound with full-color endpapers
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Wrapped in a full-color dust jacket
• Limited ONE TIME printing of this special edition
A native of the Chicago suburbs, Glen Krisch hopes to add to his list of ghosts he's witnessed (two), as well as develop his rather pedestrian telekinetic and precognitive skills. His novels include Where Darkness Dwells, The Nightmare Within, Nothing Lasting, Arkadium Rising, Echoes of Violence, and Little Whispers.
"Glen Krisch's Husks is a vivid creeping tale exploring the tangible hold our memories have over us and what lengths we'll go to to preserve them. Miss this one at your own peril."
— Joe Hart, Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Last Girl
"A hymn to the dark power of grief and regret, so profound that it achieves the resonance of myth."
— Michael Marshall Smith