The Stand: The Deluxe Special Edition!
- Author: Stephen King
- Artist: Ned Dameron, François Vaillancourt, and Glenn Chadbourne
- Page Count: 1300 pages
- Pub. Date: Forthcoming in 2024
- Status: Out of Print
The Stand: The Deluxe Special Edition
A Collectible Limited ONE TIME PRINTING featuring artwork by Ned Dameron, François Vaillancourt, and Glenn Chadbourne!
Volume Five in The Stephen King Doubleday Years Set!
The Stand: The Deluxe Special Edition (Volume Five in the "Doubleday Years" Collection)
by Stephen King
About the Book:
This is the way the world ends: with a nanosecond of computer error in a Defense Department laboratory and a million casual contacts that form the links in a chain letter of death.
And here is the bleak new world of the day after: a world stripped of its institutions and emptied of 99 percent of its people. A world in which a handful of panicky survivors choose sides -- or are chosen. A world in which good rides on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old Mother Abigail -- and the worst nightmares of evil are embodied in a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg, the dark man.
In 1978 Stephen King published The Stand, the novel that is now considered to be one of his finest works. But as it was first published, The Stand was incomplete, since more than 150,000 words had been cut from the original manuscript.
In 1990 Stephen King's apocalyptic vision of a world blasted by plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil was restored to its entirety. The Stand : The Complete And Uncut Edition includes more than five hundred pages of material previously deleted, along with new material that King added as he reworked the manuscript for a new generation. It gives us new characters and endows familiar ones with new depths. It has a new beginning and a new ending. What emerges is a gripping work with the scope and moral complexity of a true epic.
For hundreds of thousands of fans who read The Stand in its original version and wanted more, this new edition is Stephen King's gift. And those who are reading The Stand for the first time will discover a triumphant and eerily plausible work of the imagination that takes on the issues that will determine our survival.
Special Features For This Deluxe Special Edition:
• deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing as part of the page design
• printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Numbered Artist Edition, and custom-made three piece traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Artist Edition
• full color dust jacket artwork
• original interior illustrations never before seen in any edition
• signature sheet artwork for all three editions by Glenn Chadbourne
• high-quality endpapers and fine bindings
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the TENS OF MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores over the years!
Ordering Multiple Copies:
Please note that we cannot combine multiple orders, so if you want to save on shipping, please place one order.
If you live in the US, we strongly recommend you select UPS as your shipping method and have your order shipped to a street address. Shipments via Media Mail are shipped at your own risk. For certain editions with low print runs, there may not be any replacement copies available if packages are lost via Media Mail.
We charge what the post office will charge us to ship this item via Priority Mail International, which is the only method available for this book due to the size and weight. Our online checkout system can estimate shipping for multiple copies, multiple editions, or other locations. Just add the editions you want to your cart and begin the checkout process. You will see your shipping estimate on the Payment & Shipping page. (You are under no obligation to finish checking out.) This method will result in a much quicker shipping estimate than calling or emailing our office and we cannot be responsible if you miss out on an edition you want while waiting for our office staff to reply.
Note About Contacting Our Office:
If you have any questions about this item, please contact our office via email. We expect to be extremely busy responding to customer inquiries and general media requests for the next week, so it may take longer than normal for us to reply to you, but email is still the faster way to get a response since we answer questions from the office and from home.
Unfortunately, savings certificates, store credit, special offers, or other discounts cannot be applied to this item, and this item cannot be used to qualify for any special offer or discount or deal. If you are a retailer, please note that standing orders do not apply for this item — you need to email our office for more information.
Published in three states:
• Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 3,000 copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and embossed endpapers; and featuring a unique black-and-white limitation page with artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($150)
• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Numbered Artist Edition signed by the artist and limited to only 1,250 hand-numbered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a different fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers; a full-color signature sheet signed by the artist and featuring artwork by Glenn Chadbourne; and housed in a traycase ($375)
• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Artist Lettered Edition signed by the artist and limited to 52 hand-lettered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound in two different fine materials in a hand-made three piece binding featuring spine hubs, gilded page edges, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers; a different full color signature sheet signed by the artist and featuring artwork by Glenn Chadbourne; and housed in a unique "three piece" traycase ($1500)
Stephen King has written more than forty novels and two hundred short stories. He is the recipient of the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters and he also received the O. Henry Award for his story "The Man in the Black Suit." His previous Cemetery Dance Publications special editions include two volumes of The Secretary of Dreams, the deluxe Limited Editions of From a Buick 8, Full Dark, No Stars, It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition, Doctor Sleep, Carrie, and the World's First Trade Editions of Blockade Billy and The Dark Man. King lives in Bangor, Maine, with his wife, novelist Tabitha King.