Dreamlike States: Newly Revised & Expanded Trade Paperback!
- Author: Brian James Freeman
- Artist: Vincent Chong
- Page Count: 156 pages
- Status: Shipping Soon!
Now Revised & Expanded With Bonus Stories and Author Notes!
by Brian James Freeman
About the Book:
This collection by Brian James Freeman features dark stories that are a little different from his other works. Some focus on unusual characters; some are simply told in unusual ways. The last two are closely linked pieces, although the connection is hidden under the surface.
• Kathy has a great deal on her mind as “Tomorrow Could Be Even Better” opens, but mostly she’s thinking about how quickly life can change when you’re least expecting it… and today a brief encounter with a stranger will send her life changing very quickly and spiraling toward madness.
• When it comes to “The Temperament of an Artist,” sometimes you just have to let the paint fly onto the canvas and see what the results are… even if that paint looks a little too much like blood.
• “The Gorman Gig” is definitely not going like the others, and Mike and Jimmy have no idea how badly this job’s going to end for everyone involved…
• As “One Way Flight” takes off, the man in seat 36-B awakens to find everyone else on his plane is dead, including the pilot. Now the clock is ticking and he doesn’t have much time to figure out who he is, what has happened, and most importantly, how to get off the plane alive…
• Assuming Michael manages to escape the punishment room by surviving for “One More Day,” he isn’t sure he’ll be able to live with the knowledge of what he did, but then again, that’s a dilemma he wouldn’t mind confronting, given the finality of the alternative.
• In “The Silent Attic,” Amy is haunted by the memory of her mother’s last days, but will one last trip to the room where her nightmares were born set her free?
• And finally, “Danny Dreams” introduces readers to Danny Walker, who knows all too well that the life of the dead is often placed in the memory of the living…
These thought-provoking stories show why David Morrell called Freeman’s writing “elegant and haunting” and why Michael Koryta said Freeman writes “a taut, memorable tale.”
Published as a perfect bound trade paperback ($15)
Brian James Freeman is the author of The Painted Darkness, Blue November Storms, Black Fire, The Halloween Children (with Norman Prentiss), More Than Midnight, Weak and Wounded, Dreamlike States, Lost and Lonely, and Seven Stories, an Amazon eBook exclusive short story collection that was a #1 bestselling story collection in the US, UK, Germany, Spain, and France, and #2 bestseller in Italy. With Glenn Chadbourne, he's creating the "Friendly Little Monsters" series, which launches with "The Zombie Who Cried Human" in April 2018. He is also the editor of Dark Screams (with Richard Chizmar), the Halloween Carnival series, Detours, The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book (with Bev Vincent), The Illustrated Stephen King Movie Trivia Book (with Kevin Quigley and Hans-Ake Lilja), and Reading Stephen King. Visit him on the web at BrianJamesFreeman.com