Sleeping Beauties (Special Edition)
- Author: Stephen King and Owen King
- Artist: Jana Heidersdorf
- Page Count: 684
- Pub. Date: June 11, 2019
- Status: In-Stock
Sleeping Beauties: The Deluxe Special Edition
A Collectible Limited ONE TIME PRINTING of this Chilling New Epic Novel by Stephen King and Owen King!
Sleeping Beauties: The Deluxe Special Edition
by Stephen King and Owen King
Artwork by: Jana Heidersdorf
About this Deluxe Special Edition:
Cemetery Dance Publications is very pleased to announce our Deluxe Special Limited Edition of Stephen King and Owen King's collaborative novel, Sleeping Beauties.
In this spectacular father/son collaboration, the authors tell the highest of high-stakes stories: what might happen if women disappeared from the world of men?
In a future so real and near it might be now, something happens when women go to sleep; they become shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze. If they are awakened, if the gauze wrapping their bodies is disturbed or violated, the women become feral and spectacularly violent; and while they sleep they go to another place... The men of our world are abandoned, left to their increasingly primal devices. One woman, however, the mysterious Evie, is immune to the blessing or curse of the sleeping disease. Is Evie a medical anomaly to be studied? Or is she a demon who must be slain?
Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women's prison, Sleeping Beauties is a wildly provocative, gloriously absorbing father/son collaboration between Stephen King and Owen King.
The exclusive Cemetery Dance Special Limited Edition will be published in three states, all of them printed in two colors and bound in fine materials, and there will be no second printings.
Special Features Exclusive to this Collector's Edition:
• Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• Featuring two colors of hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Deluxe bindings for all editions with colored head and tail bands
• Custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Signed Limited Edition, and hand-made traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Edition
• Epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Jana Heidersdorf
• A different full-color dust jacket for Signed Limited Edition
• Six to Eight full-color interior paintings by Jana Heidersdorf printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book
• High-quality endpapers for all editions
• Full-color signature sheets in the signed editions
• Extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the print run of the trade hardcover edition from Scribner — and you will NOT find our edition in chain bookstores!
Published in three states:
• Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 1,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two-color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and housed in a custom-made slipcase exclusive to this edition ($125)
• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 850 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two-color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King, Owen King, and Jana Heidersdorf, and housed in a custom-made traycase exclusive to this edition ($475)
• Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, signed by Stephen King, Owen King, and Jana Heidersdorf, and protected in a hand-made deluxe box ($2,500)
Ordering Multiple Copies:
There is a limit of one (1) Limited Edition and one (1) Lettered Edition per person or household. There is currently no limit on the Gift Edition, although that might change in the near future due to the very low print run. Please note that we cannot combine multiple orders later on, so if you want to save on shipping, please place one order for all of the editions you want.
Matching Numbers or Letters:
If you would like us to match your Number or your Letter from the Doubleday Years Set, you will need to REPLY to your Sleeping Beauties order confirmation email and tell us right away what the Number and/or Letter is. If multiple people request the same Number or Letter, we will give that Number or Letter to the customer who can provide proof they still own that set of the Doubleday Years books when it is time to ship Sleeping Beauties.
General Shipping Information:
This is an oversized hardcover special edition protected by a custom-made slipcase or traycase, depending on the edition you order. This special edition must be shipped in a custom-made shipping box and we will be hiring extra staff just to ship these orders.
If you live in the US, we strongly recommend you select UPS or Fed-Ex as your shipping method and have your order shipped to a street address.
We charge what the post office will charge us to ship this item via Priority Mail International, which is the only method available for this book due to the size and weight. Postage costs to many locations may vary and are out of our control. Our online checkout system can estimate shipping for multiple copies, multiple editions, or other locations. Just add the editions you want to your cart and begin the checkout process. You will see your shipping estimate on the Payment & Shipping page. (You are under no obligation to finish checking out.) This method will result in a much quicker shipping estimate than calling or emailing our office.
Note About Contacting Our Office:
We cannot accept phone orders for this item. To ensure your order is processed correctly, please use our online shopping cart. If you have any questions about this item, please contact our office via email. We expect to be extremely busy responding to customer inquiries and general media requests for the next week, so it may take longer than normal for us to reply to you, but email is still the fastest way to get a response since we answer emails from the office and from home. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are a retailer, please note that standing orders do not apply for this item — you need to email our office for more information.
Stephen King has written more than forty novels and two hundred short stories. He is the recipient of the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters and he also received the O. Henry Award for his story "The Man in the Black Suit." Some of his other releases from Cemetery Dance Publications include From a Buick 8, The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One), The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two), Full Dark, No Stars, It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition, and the World's First Edition of Blockade Billy and Gwendy's Button Box (with Richard Chizmar). King lives in Bangor, Maine, with his wife, novelist Tabitha King.
Owen King is the author of the novel Double Feature and co-author of the graphic novel Intro to Alien Invasion. His writing has appeared in numerous journals and newspapers, including the Boston Globe, Lady Churchill’s Rosebud Wristlet, the Los Angeles Review of Books, the New York Times Book Review, One Story, and Subtropics. He is married to the novelist Kelly Braffet.
Jana Heidersdorf is an artist and illustrator fascinated by the feral and fantastical. Her work explores everything that lurks in the dark, may it be wild creatures or shapeless thoughts and feelings, and turns it into moody compositions in pencil and mixed media techniques. It can be found on and in books, comics, magazines, on walls and on the internet. She is currently spending a lot of time in the twisted world of mermaids while working on her weekly 100 Mermaids drawing project. When she isn't drawing, she pretends to be a wood sprite and scares the local squirrel population.