The Shining: The Deluxe Special Edition
A Collectible Limited ONE TIME PRINTING featuring an introduction by Stephen King, an afterword by Mick Garris, color paintings by Don Maitz, and our biggest special feature in any book we’ve published to date:
“Before the Play,” Stephen King’s long lost 40 PAGE PROLOGUE to the novel, has been restored to its proper place at the beginning of the story!
Volume Three in The Stephen King Doubleday Years Set!
Our special edition of The Shining by Stephen King will be the very first edition of The Shining published anywhere in the world to include Stephen King’s original, uncut 40 page prologue entitled “Before the Play” restored at its proper place at the beginning of the story!
This may end up being the only edition to ever present the complete story of the Overlook Hotel as King originally wrote it, so don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Although an excerpt from the prologue appeared in TV Guide in the 1990s, this is the first time the complete prologue has ever appeared where Stephen King intended it to go — right at the beginning of The Shining!
Special Features For This Deluxe Special Edition:
• an introduction by Stephen King
• an afterword by Mick Garris
• includes the complete text of “Before the Play,” Stephen King’s 40 page prologue that has never appeared in any edition of The Shining
• deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing as part of the page design
• printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Numbered Artist Edition, and custom-made three piece traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Artist Edition
• epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Don Maitz
• a different full color dust jacket for the Numbered Artist Edition painted by Don Maitz
• full color interior paintings by Don Maitz
• interior artwork will be printed on a heavy glossy stock and tipped into the book
• special limitation page artwork for all three editions by Glenn Chadbourne
• high-quality endpapers and fine bindings
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the TENS OF MILLIONS of copies of this novel you’ve seen in bookstores over the years!
Thank you, as always, for your continued support and enthusiasm!